1. Ireland, a country with a serious chance of winning the 2015 Rugby World Cup and easily a top 4 favorite, probably a top 2 favorite, has never beaten the All Blacks.
2. The first try ever scored in a Rugby World Cup was a penalty try – the first try scored by a player was by Michael Jones, NZ v Italy in 1987
3. In the 1995 World Cup, The All Blacks recorded the largest WC winning margin with a 145 – 17 win against Japan, this included 21 tries and 6 alone from Marc Ellis. It also was a record for conversions with 20 from Simon Culhane.
4. In both 1995 and 2007 Rugby World Cup where South Africa won the cup. They played against Samoa and had a winger score four tries. Chester Williams (1995) and Bryan Habana (2007).
5. France is the only team to have played in a final without ever winning one… and they have done that three times.